Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST/ASU 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) (2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR)
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at ASU and KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. The Scholars Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
Our goal is to raise transformative leaders to influence change on the African Continent.
Our aim is to train a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to societal change and transformation of the African Continent.
THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies.
For the 2019/2020 Academic Year Application,
- All applicants must be in one of the following programmes of study;
- Human Resource Management (Active) Applications close at 17:00GMT, Wednesday, 13th November, 2019
Mechanical Engineering(Closed) Biomedical Engineering(Closed) Civil Engineering(Closed) Materials Engineering(Closed) Logistics and Supply Chain Management(Closed) Business Analytics (BIT)(Closed) Business Banking and Finance(Closed)
- All Applicants must be in their third year of study.
- All Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Sixty-Eight (68.00).
- The Applicant must have No Outstanding Trails.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download a Copy of the 2019/2020 Application Form (here!)
Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana
Applications close at 17:00GMT, Wednesday, 23rd October, 2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
- Award of the Scholarship will be published on the University’s website.
PLEASE NOTE WELL:
- There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE also constituted by the Vice Chancellor are FINAL.
- Telephone numbers and email addresses provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please CONTACT the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790/ +233-3220-62975 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org