JOIN OUR INDUSTRIAL MENTORSHIP INITIATIVE (IMI)
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is calling on extraordinary leaders from all disciplines, who are passionate about the development of young people to join our Industrial Mentorship Initiative as mentors.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST is a partnership between the Mastercard Foundation and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) to provide academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality tertiary education.
The Industrial Mentorship Initiative has been set up to aid in fostering networks with industry experts and organizations to provide high-end mentorship and internship placement for Scholars.
The initiative particularly seeks to support mentored career exploration through the provision of career planning and internship opportunities for scholars to enable them to make well-informed career decisions by the time of their graduation. The initiative operates in furtherance to the development of professional skills and networking opportunities while intensifying the awareness of career opportunities among scholars.
To qualify as a mentor, you must be:
- A Ghanaian.
- Experienced and enthusiastic professional (at least 5 years in their related field), who is well-connected to resources and network.
- Passionate about monitoring, guiding, and supporting future young professionals.
- Available to serve as a mentor for one year (Subject to renewal).
- Be taken through free training and supported with comprehensive mentoring materials. The training aims to help mentors learn more about the IMI, its goals, specific mentoring toolkit and guide plus sample working schedules, among others.
- Have a flexible schedule; that is volunteer as much as your schedule allows. Mentorship would likely involve six working sessions/meetings including online (e.g., email, messenger, WhatsApp, skype, etc.) and face-to-face meetings.
- Provide mid-term and final evaluation of the mentorship progress and status updates to the Career Development Centre.
- Participate in additional meetings of mentors and mentees to leverage networking within the participants, exchange ideas and best practices, and further ease the mentoring process itself during an annual mentoring networking event.
All successful mentors will be provided with access to capacity-building resources, high-value networks, global publicity, as well a Mentorship certificate.
Application Deadline - 31st May 2022